The week is looking up :) Still 10 million things to do, but I feel much better about all of them now. So updates from the last post:
1. Still have to apply for NSF but I don't have to worry so much about my Stanford recommender anymore after talking to my program director which is nice. I still need to get everything together for it though...I'm also applying for the Ford Foundation Fellowship so maybe one of them will work out?
2. Got an email at 1:22 this morning from my dream PI saying "Welcome to the lab!" WAHOOOO!!! I guess I was going through some screening process I was unaware of but they must like me at least a little bit. So excited! I'm hopefully starting work this week. Can.Not.Wait.!! I really love the work they're doing & I'm just anxious to be a lab rat again.
3. Moonlighting was pretty awesome! So fun hanging out with everyone as usual, a few drunken mishaps but nothing major...overall wonderful :) I'll post a pic at the end of this
4. Just got back from brunch & grocery shopping...it's rainy outside today so I'm not feeling like going to the potluck for BGSA & I didn't end up going to the Shaking the Foundations thing for the law school since I was pretty busy Friday & Saturday. (By busy, I partially mean napping...)
5. Generally feel much happier & back in balance again...what a nice feeling :) Here's to trying to keep that up throughout the week
Good times! Off to try & get work done before the napping feelings take over. Adios <3
the guy in the pic (Mark?) reminds me a bit of Cleveland, but I think that's just the fake-pimp-factor. Hooray on the lab!! I'm surprised there's not more gossip to report about moonlighting though... you looked too good for just a regular night out :)
ReplyDeletemiss you, special friend!