Friday, September 24, 2010

Made it through finals!!

(And I think I passed too...)

A special shoutout to all the people who let me have a mini-breakdown with them this week :)

Lessons learned from mini-quarter:
1. Med school is hard.
2. Med school is doable.
3. Stress makes people crazy (myself included, though only temporarily!)
4. I'm actually nocturnal.
5. Comparing myself to other people is worthless.

The stress of finals definitely helped me understand who people really are here...which is helpful, but sometimes frightening. There is already a small group of potheads?! (I guess this is NorCal...) I was talking to one of my friends in the car last night on the way to boba & she seemed impressed with how well I'd gotten to know a few people here. I really like having deep conversations...and I think if I kept things superficial with everyone here for too long, I'd definitely feel far from home & all my closest friends. Plus, I made a promise to myself before I came here that I'd be completely honest about who I am with people from the start & I think if you do that with people you meet, you find you have a lot more in common that you would have anticipated. So I have definitely started becoming closer to people already, which is great.

My birthday is Sunday, yesss!! I couldn't have been born at a more perfect time. :) To celebrate finals being done & the three birthdays, we're taking a party bus up to San Francisco tonight! There will be bodyguards & anatomically correct desserts involved...this may be the biggest birthday celebration I've ever experienced? We also have a lab coat ceremony tonight which should be cute. Goal for the night? STAY.ALIVE.!! I think some people will have trouble with this...

Anywho, off to go shopping & figure out a place to get my hair done! More updates to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment