Thursday, January 13, 2011

Neuro=Cookies

The person upstairs is making SO.MUCH.NOISE. Sex? Jumping jacks? Hammering something? Whatever it is, I mentally implore you to stop. I would walk upstairs but I'm not good at the whole jerky neighbor thing. I've had some very aggressive reactions to noise lately (the people I can hear outside my window in the courtyard, the trucks that I hear every.single.morning., general interruptions to me thinking/studying/sleeping) which I think is an indication that I need to move into a quiet, residential area prontooooo. I really want to get an apartment sooner rather than later. And I'll definitely be getting a place by myself. Munger is not the place for me. And neither is anything with more than 1 bedroom. My roommate is okay, but she's getting progressively messier/lazier and even though I'm not the cleanest, most efficient person in the world, it's getting a little too annoying. Really not good at dealing with other people's shortcomings. I also don't like people trying to keep track of me (i.e, "I never see you!" Uh, duh? I'm taking 25 hours and doing research, I only see the people who are in those places. I didn't come to grad school to become MORE social...) #endofrant

We get cookies every week after neuro lab, hooray!!! I think this is a great way to encourage attendance and general happiness about the material. Not sure why everyone is not doing the same for our classes? This is also one of the few classes, maybe the only class, I have with a combination of med students, grad students and undergrads. It's fun :) I'm also trying to keep up with the neuro stuff so it wasn't too too confusing today. I always love it when that happens...

LONG WEEKEND COMING!! "Eurotrash" party tomorrow (still have to figure out what that means) and probably just sleeping and studying besides that. I loooovvveeee having a day off, even though I'll probably still go to lab on Monday? Study time!

<3

1 comment:

  1. Somehow, I lost your blog. Oh my god, no wonder I've been so sick lately! After binging on the past NINE blogs, I feel my lack-of-jazz somewhat sated. Whew.

    In other words, our new years' resolutions are creepily similar. Case in point? I just started my own regime of vitamins. I've been exercising and eating more healthily, journaling some, and most importantly just actively enjoying life. Finally got outside and walked in the 10 or so inches of snow piled all over Providence (I've been too ill to venture out before yesterday) and I loved it. So far, so good on the "I like winter even though I don't really have much experience with it" front.

    Also, I'm watching BONES too. Almost done with the second season. In an amusing story, originally Netflix ranked it at 1.5 stars, meaning that based on David's voted preferences, he really shouldn't be a huge fan of this show. After I watched some 40 episodes though, it's creeped to 2.5 stars. Whoops...

    Okay, so I love and miss you - so happy to see you at Xmas. Thanks for sending me a happy thoughts text in the midst of my cold medicine delirium. You're the bestest!

    ReplyDelete