Def got my refund today & spent lots of money paying off my credit card bill and buying delicious (and mostly healthy!) groceries...
STORIES FROM TODAY:
1. Totally got in a bike crash this morning on my way to class. This undergrad just randomly decides to stop in the middle of an intersection (!!!) so I 100% T-boned her bike. Stanford undergrads are supposed to be the cream of the crop, right? The bottom of my shoe was broken (...I need to buy new black flats anyways) but other than that **no humans were harmed in this accident** I do need to brush up on what happens if indeed I get in an accident where someone is hurt, obvi
2. Ginkgo biloba is.the.shiznit. I bought it today & will 100% be including this in my new vitamin regimen
3. Evaluation of the first week of classes: There is a TON of stuff in your brain. For real for real. This quarter will require lots & lots of focus. I figured out that if I draw pretty pictures on my notes and write in more colors, I pay more attention. Learning about what weed does to your brain is also an effective attention strategy...
4. Just made an amaretto sour with grenadine. Favorite.drink.ever! (or rather, favorite drink for right now)
5. Did you guys know it's a California state law that you can't return alcohol? Learned that the hard way after buying a $20 bottle of Disaronno at Safeway and finding a $6 bottle of amaretto at Trader Joe's. :( Probably not a horrible thing that I have extra liquor laying around though...it's going to be a looonnngggg quarter
I think that's it? Weekend plans are pretty awesome - chilling/studying tonight, potluck at a friend's house tomorrow afternoon, UCSF/Stanford mixer tomorrow night in San Fran. Wahoooo!! TGIF
<3
PS I've been hearing rumors that there was some sort of earthquake in NorCal...? Didn't feel a thing
No comments:
Post a Comment